Friday, June 12, 2015

A Grateful Heart: Week 9


My life is still a little crazy. After over a month, I finally received my last paycheck from the lost full time job... And much to my dismay, it was declined when I tried to deposit it in the bank. So there were tears and lots of trying to get in touch with anyone that could help me. I had to make an hour long drive to talk in person with someone that might help, and on the drive I found a lovely sewing table and old Singer 237, much like the one pictured above. (I should take a picture and share minetoo....). And when I got home, I plugged it in and it still works. It was just sitting in someone's garbage pile. (Yep, I totally picked this out of the garbage on the side of the road for free. And. I. love. it.


So I spent some time playing around with it last night and learning how to use it. It is nice to have a machine again while mine is very deep in the storage area for the  next few weeks. :)

I also want to share two verses that were sent my way. As everything continues to go wrong here, I was very encouraged by God's words:

"You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people."     Genesis 50:20

"We remember the fish we used to eat for free in Egypt. And we had all the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions, and garlic we wanted. But now our appetites are gone. All we ever see is this manna!"

Numbers I 1:5-6

(This second verse was the Israelites complaining, but what they don't mention in that list of yummy food is that at the time they were also slaves. God provided them with a miracle, freeing them and providing some sort of food as they wandered the desert and they were pretty much forgetting that little fact. Sometimes I think God might be freeing me, and I might be wandering the desert right now. I need to remember to thank Him for everything! He will provide!!! He is working miracles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment