Sunday, August 23, 2015

Natural Honey Bee Hive

This past week was weird and fantastic all at the same time. One of the coolest things that happened was that we inherited two new honey bee hives. One I will write about later this week. It was a swarm that decided to live with us. Watching this happen in the yard was an incredible adventure.

The second was a hive that the bees built on someone's cabin. They called my hubby to come and get it. So glad they knew us!!! And the natural comb is just gorgeous. Here is a picture of my hubby and some of the bees. Isn't is just beautiful. I actually took the picture. I can't believe how comfortable I am getting with the bees. I didn't have a suit on or anything. My hubby doesn't even have gloves on. I am not that brave yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment