Saturday, August 29, 2015

You Can Pick Your Friends and You Can Pick....



I had found these silly nose pencil sharpeners and just knew that my silly kids would love them. I even think they are funny. And I ended up with a couple extra. So I figured, I better make some more pencil pouches to share. These two lovely zippered bags went to the neighbor's house for their two awesome kids. These two kids bring so much happiness to our house for all three of my loves. I sure hope that they enjoy the little treats.

For the girl, I chose this owl fabric with a teal zipper and pink lining. I just adore this bag.




And for the boy, I tried something a little more difficult and made stripes with some plain blue fabric and some red and white fabric I got from Studio E. The lining is also from Studio E. And I chose a blue zipper.


Both kids were given a funny nose pencil sharpener and some of those new Bic Xtra Fun Pencils. I was sent these really cool pencils for free for being a BzzAgent.
 

I made so many mistakes on this poor boy's bag. I was ripping out seams after sewing things backwards and not noticing. You sure can tell I am still pretty new at this. But I am trying.

It brings me such joy to sew. And hopefully I will get better at it. I think one thing is for sure. I need a bigger cutting mat and a better rotary cutter. Or maybe I will just stick to my scissors!

The next project is a gift for my mother in law. Reports on that soon. Hopefully it isn't a huge failure.

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment