Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Shamrock Shake

 

                          Photo Credit

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I have to admit that just a few years ago, I used to drink Shamrock Shakes. I wouldn't eat anything else in fear of getting really really really sick from the fast food.... which used to happen if I ever did eat it as a kid, but once a year I would go get a green shake. And it sounds like I am not alone in this. I read that others did this as well all over the place. So here are some resources to help you remake a much healthier, and probably tastier version of the green goody!

Click on the link to be brought to the recipes. Many are very similar, but might have a slight change in the ingredients or amounts.  (Tip: to get it greener, just try adding more spinach!)

                       * Hungry-Girl                                         * Detoxinista
                       * Hello Natural                                       * The Spunky Coconut
                       * Chocolate Covered Kate                      * An Edible Mosaic
                       * The Nourishing Gourmet                     * Heather Dane
                       * Fat & Happy                                        * Cook Eat Paleo

Now the hard part is deciding which recipe to try. It will be 86 degrees here and I think this green deliciousness is exactly what will be needed to cool off and enjoy some greens!

No comments:

Post a Comment