Monday, March 2, 2015

ACV - Inexpensive Step Towards Health


Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar - 16 oz.
Real apple cider vinegar (ACV) is nothing new. It has been used for many different reasons for quite some time. In fact, thousands of years ago, even the Babylonians were using a form of vinegar. That is back in 5000 BC!

Sometimes it seems like we forget about the natural items, like ACV, that have such healing benefits. And when it comes to apple cider vinegar, there are so many uses it seems like it is good for just about anything! We need to keep turning to this natural item.

I started taking a teaspoon of ACV every morning. And I am not going to lie, chugging this stuff down each day is going to be tough. My taste buds were not ready for it. But the benefits have me searching for yummy ways to try and get it down.

Before I get in to all that though, let's first talk about the many uses, that don't involve you swallowing it plain! Of course, many people probably already use vinegar for salad dressings. But remember, you want the vinegar with the "Mother". This is the cloudy stuff that isn't processed. It contains the good stuff that will really help your guts heal. You can use this to do so much more than make dressing. Consider the following:
         * Helps get rid of warts         (cotton ball with ACV on all night)
         * Helps get rid of dandruff    (dilute with water and spray right on scalp)
         * Keeps fleas off of dogs
         *Helps with many stomach issues (which is why I am drinking it... things like
           bloating, constipation, heart burn, etc.)
         * Helps to keep you from getting sick (Have a soar throat? Feel under the weather? Take this
           to stop it in its tracks.)
        * Helps lower blood sugar levels (some even think it helps with weight loss!)
        * It will kill weeds.
        * It neutralizes odors.
        * It even can be used as a non-toxic cleaning product!

There are so many ways to use it. And a bottle of the good stuff is typically under $5, depending on where you and where you shop.  You could even order it off places like Amazon if you can't find it in a store near you.

I am still searching for yummy ways to take it. I have seen people put it in different juices. I have seen concoctions made of water, honey and ACV. For right now, I take it straight and chase it with a sip of juice. That seems to be the best option for me right now. I will share any other great ways I find and try! How do you take your ACV? Any cool and amazing ways you are using it at home?

Please note that I am in no way affiliated with Bragg. I just love their ACV. All opinions are mine. And remember, they are just opinions. I am not a doctor!

Photo Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment