Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Worry, Stress and His Word



Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.- Corrie Ten Boom


It seems that life has thrown me some recent curve balls, like it often does. And I will be the first to admit that I worry and stress way too much. And then I came across this quote that said something about worrying being the sin that Christians commit the most. Which got me thinking about how I really do need to be putting my trust in God. I am really really really far from perfect, and I have a tough time trusting and not worrying. And it is quite possibly the silliest thing I could do. Yes, life has been hard. Yes, sometimes times are difficult. And yes, sometimes things do not end the way I planned or without heartbreak, but I have always made it through and I will make it through this too.

Knowing that so many others are stressed and worrying, I wanted to share some of the versus that are helping me to keep going.



Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Matthew 6:34

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Colossians 3:15
 
 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4
 
Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
 
Psalm 55:22
 




No comments:

Post a Comment