Monday, April 27, 2015

A Grateful Heart: Week 3


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

                                                                                                                          
                                                                       Philippians 4:6 



I lost my full time job on Sunday (yesterday). I got an email Sunday morning that stated my job had been eliminated and the school was being closed effective Monday, April 27th. And, just like that, everything we had been planning was gone. I am choosing to be thankful for losing that job. In all reality, I hated it. The job was sucking the life out of me. It was not my dream job and I had been praying for change and praying that God would show me what to do next. Although I am not sure what I am doing next, I know God has a plan for me. It was a particularly dark and stressful day Saturday. I broke down and begged God to help me. And then my job was terminated. So how can I be anything but grateful to Him for answering my prayers?!


Now, I am not going to lie. I am slightly concerned about the road ahead. But I know I can do it. I know God is with me and that He has a plan. These next few months might be hard and all that work to get out of debt might go undone, but I know that I am not alone. My husband and I started to dream of the things we could try now that this job isn't in the way. We can start building towards the life we truly want.

I wish I could say I have months of savings for a rainy day as this, but instead I am just going to keep praying. The Lord will show me the way.

Therefore, this week, I am thanking God for losing my job and all of the flexibility and options that this might bring. The Lord is good and He answers prayers, sometimes in the most unusual and wonderful ways.


5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
                                                                       Hebrews 13: 5 - 6


8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."                         Joshua 1: 8 - 9

What are you grateful or thankful for this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment